Breaking the Ice
One of the most significant shifts we’ve seen since our last Luxperience gathering is the surge in experiential travel within the luxury travel sector. Aspirations of today’s luxury travellers are searching the unique, enriching experiences and remote destinations few can experience. Le Commandant Charcot is an ultra-luxury experience by Ponant that delivers just that.
A cutting-edge, world’s only luxury icebreaker is set to embark on a world-first breathtaking voyage through the ice of St Lawrence River. As this cruise passes through pristine Québec and the Innu and Micmac communities of Canada, guests will encounter an unparalleled adventure and unique experience. Think expansive frozen landscapes adorned with glistening ice, immaculate white forests, illuminated by the captivating aurora borealis.
This “region of a thousand customs” promises a voyage of a lifetime where adventure seekers can explore this fascinating environment hiking, snowshoeing, kayaking, dog sledding and ice fishing.
“There is no other place where you can experience the cold with so much warmth.” – Saguenean saying from the Saguenay region of Québec, Canada.
Highlights of this 12-night, 11 day cruise aboard the high polar exploration ship Le Commandant Charcot include:
- Outings and shore visits with a team of naturalist-guides
- A voyage to discover the grandeur of nature in the Canadian winter and breathtaking
- Visiting traditional villages and meeting the indigenous Innu and Micmac
- Possibility of admiring the unique colours of the Northern Lights rippling across the
Activities during the unique winter season (subject to weather conditions):
- The legendary Quebecois hospitality and friendly nature
- In Québec attend the world’s largest winter carnival where ice decorations and sculptures and lights form a magical spectacle (departures on 17 and 29 January 2025)
- Chance to see newborn whitecoats* in the Magdalen Islands: the only place in the world where you can observe this unique scene. (departures 10 and 22 February 2025)